Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mitts continued

So I didn't do much on the knitting yesterday because I was busy with this

P1000896

yum! I still have several more cucumbers to deal to, but I need to buy more onion and mustard seeds before I can start on the batch. So until then it is a return to my mitts.

Yesterday I finalised the shapings, worked out the maths for thumb increases and how high to go with it and decided on a pattern for the palm side of it all. It's actually realy difficult to picture how a simple pattern will end up working with the main motif, it needs to compliment it, but not overpower, and the colours need to retain some kind of balance. I've worked up half a mitt and aside from a few tension issues, which I hope will block out, they're looking pretty good.

I've cleaned up notes, and scribbles and added them into my sketch book. I'll just add at this stage how much I love the fact that my kids never used up all their glue sticks, and how buying the more expensive ones ( scotch brand) paid off as they didn't dry out like the cheaper ones I already had to throw out have. Glue sticks are so much love >

P1000905

And here are the mitts.. mitt? so far back and palm sides. I'm hoping the yarn blooms up to fill out the gaps! I did soak one of the lace sections and that thickened up a bit so I am hopeful. The yarn is already softening up nicely as I am working it too, and it feels lovely and light. I'm not sure I will have enough of the chalk to finish the pair though, but the green should hold up just fine.

P1000901

P1000903

1 comment:

  1. Love the rustic texture with that lace cuff.. and the colours are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete